What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job training with study. Apprentices work towards nationally-recognised qualifications, whilst training alongside experienced employees to develop the practical skills needed for industry.
There are three levels of apprenticeships available (intermediate, advanced and higher) allowing you to train your workforce from shop floor to management.
Apprenticeships last between 1-4 years depending on the level of apprenticeship and industry area.
Apprenticeships can provide a cost-effective way of increasing your workforce
Why hire an apprentice?
Apprentices can add real value to the bottom line of your business.
Did you know? Almost 9 in 10 of every employer that takes on an apprentice report benefits to their business*
More and more businesses are hiring apprentices who are keen to learn and bring new ideas into the workplace. Here are just some of the reasons why an apprentice would be a good investment.
Apprenticeships give your business the opportunity to inject new talent into your workforce and replace lost skills, coupled with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, backed up by an established and experienced provider.
Benefits to your business
Apprenticeships can provide a cost-effective way of increasing your workforce. The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices is lower than the NMW for an average employee.
However, apprentices do not always have to be new recruits. You can invest in your current workforce, providing them with new training opportunities and skills to support your business to grow in todays competitive market.
As well as gaining access to a host of professional tools and resources, your business will directly benefit from any apprentice you employ. Here’s why:
- Your apprentice will receive training relevant to your industry
- No limit to the number of apprentices you can host or employ
- Save time and leave the hard work to us – we will handle all vacancy advertisements and recruitment activities
- Choose the benefits that suit you – complete payroll service, health and safety consultancy, interview support, HR service, candidate assessment, early release option (ability to terminate the agreement if your business circumstances change)
- On-going support from Vision Apprentices staff throughout the apprenticeship programme
- Develop a workforce fit to meet future challenges
- The opportunity to develop your future workforce and stay competitive
- A long term and cost effective solution to your training needs
- Advice on grants and funding you may be entitled to
- A comprehensive network of fellow employers to engage with
- Up-to-date information on the changes to the sector
*statistic taken from gov.uk